Re: Urq bleedin' brakes

In message <09DB74475204D1119C8200805F19D00305B19D95@aeromsg1.ball.com> "Lawson, Dave" writes:

> First off, pentosin is the wrong fluid to use in the hydraulic system for
> your
> vintage ur-q, a US 1983 I believe. You should be using Dexron II ATF in the
> hydraulic system. Also Dexron III is ok, I have been using that.

By default, Audi dealers will fill with hydraulic fluid, not ATF.

IMO this is a _good_ idea, since it prevents the minkey boys from
missing the fact that a 1987 ur-quattro _NEEDS_ Pentosin.  I know you
guys don't have any ur-quattros like this in the States, but we sure as
hell do and I've seen too many systems ruined by the wrong fluid.

 Phil Payne
 UK Audi quattro Owners Club
 Phone: 0385 302803   Fax: 0870 0883933