[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Vehicle importing - Question for Canadian listeners

Try this:


It's the Transport Canada website.  I think you're correct, you can bring
it over with no modifications, but I believe you have to pass a vehicle
safety and certification inspection before they will allow you to register
the vehicle for use on Canadian roads.


At 02:03 PM 9/19/99 +0200, Robert B. wrote:
>Hi Q-List:
>I've mentioned that I want to move back to Canada after 5 years in the
>OK, I've been told that if the vehicle (car) is at least 15 years old,
>that it can be imported into Canada without modifications. Hmmm...If
>this is true, then I'll bring my 1985 Audi Coupe Quattro (not an Ur-Q)
>So, can someone in Canada please call their local MOT office and confirm
>this and email me off list? Customs and duty charges would be nice...