[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Where does WG control pressure go ?

In message <006c01bf02c8$a1517c50$01181ba1@olsy.dk> thyrsted2@olsy.dk (Kenn Thyrsted) writes:

> The big question is, however , that i can hear the applied ctrl-pressure air
> venting INTO the WG, ie into the exhaust system.
> This indicates a torn diaphragm, - doesn't it ?
> If it is (torn) , i'd have to buy a new WG , wouldn't i ?

No, it's fine.  The diaphragm separates the control pressure chamber
from the upper chamber used by the ECU to vary boost.  The control
pressure chamber is not very well sealed from the exhaust - leakage
is normal.

 Phil Payne
 UK Audi quattro Owners Club
 Phone: 0385 302803   Fax: 0870 0883933