From: Phil Ethier [mailto:pethier@isd.net]
Sent: Monday, 27 September 1999 15:21
To: Dave Eaton; quattro@audifans.com
Subject: Re: vc vs awd

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Eaton <Dave.Eaton@clear.net.nz>
To: 'Phil Ethier' <pethier@isd.net>; quattro@audifans.com
Date: Sunday, September 26, 1999 10:09 PM

>pretty much bang on, except usually the vc is bolted to the outside of the

Because it is too large for the cage or they want it to be easy to reach for
service?  Or both?

>but takes one set of splines to one side of the diff, and the other to
>the other.  this involves 3 shafts through the vc (counting the actual
>output shaft itself).

I'm getting to the point now where I need a picture and a schematic to
figure this out.  Any website pix available?

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/