[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: Strut cap removal tool?

Gary, I recently did mine and I managed to get it with a big pipe wrench
and a 10 foot metal bar. (yes that probably was overkill but it's all I
had available)  Do you have the struts off of the car?  I did mine while
the struts were still on the car, and the wheel on the ground using a
method posted by another lister.  If you want more info on this, let me

Good luck

Stephane Livolsi
180 Yorston St
Williams Lake, BC, V2G 3Z1
ph 250-392-2637
fax 250-392-2693

'86 5KTQ stock (if you don't know what it means, you aren't in the club)

>From: 	Gary Erickson[SMTP:erickson@teleport.com]
>Sent: 	October 14, 1999 7:26 AM
>To: 	quattro@audifans.com
>Subject: 	Strut cap removal tool?
>Does anybody have any info about where to find the strut cap removal
>tool (Audi # 2069/a)?
>I've tried the usual alternatives including a pipe wrench and a big F'in
>pair of channel-locks but the damn thing just won't budge.  I'm thinking
>I might actually have to resort to purchasing the tool so that I can
>attack it with my impact wrench to break it loose.
>Also interested if anybody has one to loan (especially in the PNW) since
>the only price reference I've seen on this tool was a comment from Scott
>J. in Dec '96 that said he paid in the neighborhood of $200 for it.
>Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
>'85 turbo GT coupe
>'89 80q (with stubborn strut caps)
>'89 200q