[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FW: Age Old Question Answered? IX vs Quattro?
- To: "Airamie McMahon (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: FW: Age Old Question Answered? IX vs Quattro?
- From: Paul Royal <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:13:32 -0400
- Cc: "Art Mayhew (E-mail)" <Audiart@borg.com>, "Bob Davis (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Carol Blacker (E-mail)" <Stelacar@aol.com>, "Cathleen Stoeckel (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Chris Miller (E-mail)" <C1J1Miller@aol.com>, "Dave Flagg (E-mail)" <DFAUTOHAUS@aol.com>
- Cc: "Doug Eccleston (E-mail)" <EcclestoDJ@corning.com>, "Gary Palumbo (E-mail)" <G.firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Glen Powell (E-mail)" <Glen_Powell@ne.3com.com>, "Glenn Lawton (E-mail)" <Lawtonglenn@gsmai.com>, "Jeff Donnelly (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Jonathan Linkov (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "Mark Besso (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Matt Alden (Gianna) (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mike Caleo (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Mike Scanlon (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nick Pinto (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Paul Krumins (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "Ray Tomlinson (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Scott Justussen (E-mail)" <QSHIPQ@aol.com>, "Sean Ford (E-mail)" <Sean_Ford@IDX.COM>, "Steve Earley (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Thompson Smith (E-mail)" <email@example.com>, "Tom Ciesla (E-mail)" <Tombar@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
- Organization: Royal's World
- Reply-To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spent Saturday running the south oval configuration at NHIS with COMSCC on
Most fun I had on the track was running neck and neck with Dan Guliano in
his E30 IX.
It just so happened that we lined up next to each other at the start and
spent the next 20 minutes in fun city.
I never really realized how similar the IX is to the 20v Quattro.
The IX is rated at 170 HP....the Quattro at 164.
The IX has a GVW somewhere around 200 lbs more than the Quattro...only 75
or so more than the heavier coupe.
Both of us were running street tires, Dan on RE71s and me on my trusty
Both cars are essentially stock (Dan runs a K&N cone, I run a Ram Air in
Box, and Dan has fresher springs).
Dan's car has 242,000 miles, mine, 240,000 miles.
I'm guessing that Dan and I are of similar driving talent (let's assume we
Dan and I had a blast out there....he never passed me, but I don't think I
would have passed him if I had started from behind him. Dan had bigger
torque which allowed him to creep up on me on the uphill after turn 3 and
then again in the bowl. We seemed about dead even in the straights, but I
was able to gain the upper hand in the oval. The only problem for us was
the constant annoyance of getting passed all the time :::::::::
Thanks for a great time Dan....'till we race again ;-)
It's a driving school, right?
1-603-431-2239 Home and Northeast Quattro Club Inquiries and Information
Portsmouth, NH USA
1-800-535-2002 X1260 US Sales
1-603-427-2002 X1260 Office and International Sales