Idle NG

Car is 89 90FWD. 114K on the clock. Had the timing belt replaced about 5K
ago. Very intermittent  the car will start but not hold idle and stall
completely. I can drive while holding the throttle open but as soon as I
close the throttle the car dies (seems fuel starved). Looking through
archives I see some data to suggest that other listers reporting same
symptoms have concluded cam timing may be suspect. I am now suspicious.

I have called the dealer and he volunteered that they have an upgrade kit
with new hoses, etc. for this problem -it's only $200 bux. Anybody
experienced this ????

Any help appreciated. Thanks