Re: 4K Q exhaust questions

<< 1. Does anyone make a decent, affordable aftermarket exhaust for the 4KQ?
I'm looking for a better
 sound and flow than the labrynthian OEM setup.
 2. I seem to recall a thread about exhaust for an 86 with a glass pack and a
Borla at the rear??
 I'm looking for specifics here, manufacturer and model of the glass pack?
Which Borla? What
 3. Can anyone recommend a good custom exhaust shop in the Boston, MA area to
do the work. I ain't
 got me a pipe bender yet....
 TIA >>

Hey ya.  There are 3 aftermarket systems for the 4KQ.  Stebro (stainless,
expensive), Scorpion( stainless, expensive) and Blaufergnugen's (not sure).
I have the stebro system.  Nice?  Yep.  Cheap? Nope. Any good muffler shop
should be able to make a decent exhaust, and I know of one near me (although
it would take you some time to get here, I live in RI.)  But, if you want to
come down and check out the exhaust on my 4000CSQ, I'd be happy to show it to
you.  It's pretty cool.

Carter J
86 4000CS Quattro
86 Coupe GT