Re: Audi 4 Banger Turbo Kits?

Pat Dooley writes:
> Let's not forget about the old Dasher turbo diesels.  They use an exhaust
> manifold designed for longitudinal mounting.  I'm sure this setup would work
> very nicely on a 4k.
> Being the packrat that I am, I pulled one from the junkyard a while back.
> Any body want pics?

Yeah, I had thought about that.  The 4K turbo diesel exhaust manifold
is probably only for certain model KKK turbos.  I believe the ND turbo
kit comes with a IHI turbo with integral wastegate.  Most likely
incompatible...  And the exhaust manifold is only one of the many pieces
that need to be fabbed.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://metalab.unc.edu/tkan/