Re: Turbo questions - K24, WG Spring etc.

>     I think what is being reffered to here is known a "boost creep", or the
> condition when the waste gate spring is not initially stiff enough and allows
> the wastegate to crack open at a pressure level well below its maximum.

Shouldn't happen on a MAC11/12/14 car with a WGFV because the ECU applies
extra pressure to hold the wastegate closed as soon as it detects WoT.

Always a good idea to check the WoT switch in these cases.

In fact, it's always a good idea to check the WoT switch every service -
it's on the side of the throttle body and the lower two contacts should
close at about 65 degrees of throttle rotation.  Quickest and cheapest
40bhp you'll ever buy.

 Phil Payne
 UK Audi quattro Owners Club
 Phone +44 7785 302803  Fax +44 870 0883933