tapping threads on oil in/out on a kkk turbo?

I was planning on replacing the oil lines leading up to the turbo by
welding a male hose fitting onto the "flange" that bolts up to the stock
location on the top and bottom of the turbo when I thougth about

How much metal is there in between the oil openings on the top and bottom
of the turbo before reaching something like a water passage?  Thought it
would be a lot easier to just tap some threads into the housing and get a
male to male adapter much like how the coolant lines are hooked
up.  Anyone care to offer up thougts on this?

Marc Swanson

87 4kcsq  awaiting turbo
87 5ktq   donor (Parting out)