[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
type 44 tranmission interchange
my auto Audi may have the infamous differential seal going out. I have a few
1. are all type 44 trannys interchangeable?
2 are there other platforms that I could use? ( i.e. 4k ect)
3. where are some shops in the Washington state area that would do a rebuild
4. are the parts available so that the mechanicaly inclined could do the
work at home? I just picked up the bentleys at the local bookstore.
5. If a person has rebuilt a conventional auto tranny, such as out of a
Detroit production, could the person be expected to be successful at an
6. I have heard that if the differential seal is gone then the differential
itself will need to be rebuilt also. care to retort?
7. what would be involved to switch to a manual transmission. would this be
cheaper and or be more reliable.
thank you in advance on your replies
85 Audi 5000 Turbo
83 Mazda RX-7 slightly modified
81 Mazda RX-7 awaiting boost