Re: Jamex upper stress bar

sammy hung wrote:
> Dave,
> Did you drill holes for the bar or weld??  I went to a mechanic yesterday
> and he wanted around $200 to install.  I think that is ridiculous, any
> thoughts??

That's a rip off (or they're nervous about how long it will take).  It
took me less than four hours, must have, and I am an idiot.

You could weld the two mounts on in about 30 minutes counting time for
grinding off some paint, and a cigarette break.  Then a quick squirt of
paint on the top, what should that cost?  $50.00 and drive away?

Huw Powell

82 Audi Coupe; 84 4kq; 85 Coupe GT; 73 F250