[200q20v] Re: gear shifting problems

Paul Matsuda pmatsuda at mac.com
Sun Aug 6 11:24:28 EDT 2000

i had a problem similar to this on the 2nd day that i had my car...there's a
link that attaches to the spine coming out of the transmission, the link
then  attaches to the shift linkage.
the bolt was loose and eventually the link fell off (fortunately i was able
to find it 100 yards from my driveway. before it went, the shifting was very
sloppy. then as it got looser, i couldn't get it into first gear.   crawled
under the car, reinstalled it and it hasn't been a problem since (knock on
[zebrano] wood). an indication that this is happening is that the throw to
get into first gear will get longer and pop out  the plastic trim holding
the shift boot in the console.
Paul Matsuda
Mill Valley,CA
'91 200tqw