[200q20v] Trans oil

Neil Swanson 75377.3445 at compuserve.com
Mon Dec 11 18:43:38 EST 2000

Why guys?

I've got to ask why the need to replace perfectly good Audi OE sythetic GL4
with anything else.  I don't mean never change it but why to something

As someone who just had his 172k mile tranny apart, looked at gears, looked
at bearings, yeah one was somewhat apart, but I saw no wear to speak of.
No I didn't mic. any parts this was all visual.  I just can't see how
another oil will do better.  I'd bet very very few of you have had your
trannys apart but I'd bet you'd find what I did.

I'd admit that that maybe the newest Redline is a great product and maybe
passes newer more stringent tests but...............

 I'd say there is nothing wrong with what Audi put in.  And if you do
change put in a real GL4 rating, not one that is supposed to be a GL4 and a