[200q20v] 91 200 20v Pancake
Keith.Maddock at trw.com
Tue Dec 12 07:28:34 EST 2000
Greetings Audi Friends and Audi Listers:
While out of the country on business, I have received word that my 91 200 Tq20v has been badly damaged. It was parked in a friend's carport when the carport was struck by a poorly driven U-Haul van. The carport collapsed and crushed the roof ("creased" in the exact words of my friend), damaged all four fenders, hood, trunk, and busted out the rear window.
The insurance company is in the process of determining wether or not to total out the car or not, so in the meantime I have a few questions I hope you all might be able to help me out on...
1) Can anyone suggest a top-rate body shop? The car is located in Ann Arbor, MI at the moment, I live in Livonia, MI.. so anywhere in the West Detroit area would be appropriate.
2) They claim the car is worth roughly 8000 bucks. This seems low, I'm sure they always value them low so they don't have to pay out so much. Does anyone have any experience with fighting the insurance company's valuation?
3) Does anyone know what salvage value of these cars typically is? All mechanical hardware should be perfectly fine, including a new set of Euro-Headlights, 3B motor / trans, Hoppen Stage I ECU, H&R Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, SS Brake lines, new Hydraulic pump, new fuel pump, new TBV,, new Bomb, new Brake Pads, etc etc etc. I've heard rumors that the engines go for 2-3k, so will the insurance company charge me that much or more to buy it back from them?
4) If anyone has had a car been "totaled" on them before, do you know they let me swap back the original headlights, swap ECU's etc etc before they take possession of the car? I would think I have the right to sell the non-stock items (NOT included in their valuation) as long as I replace them with stock ones If this ends up being the case, of the above listed items, is anyone possibly interested in any exchanges? The ECU and the headlights are the key components that spring to mind there...
5) Does anyone have a really nice anthracite or black 200 for sale for about 8000 bucks? Haha don't think so , but I have to ask.. I'll probably have to pay more than 8000 for something as nice as mine was.
If anyone has any BTDT on this type of stuff, I'd really appreciate your input. This is very upsetting to me, compounded by the fact that I'm having to deal with this from 5000 miles away.
Thanks in advance,
Keith Maddock, TRW Automotive
Controls Engineering, Traction Control
(734) 266 - 3971
**In Arvidsjaur Sweden from 12/4-12/18 Office Phone # 46 960 57 862 **
keith.maddock at trw.com
More information about the 200q20v