[200q20v] winter oil and nasty comments

Bill Rowe browe58 at netzero.net
Thu Dec 14 17:14:45 EST 2000

actually, i just took a look at bentley and it recommends 5w-30/5w-20 for
temps of -20 to 20 degrees f and 10w-30/10w-40 for temps of 0 to 60 degrees
f.  but i recall one of my owner's manuals (can't recall if it's vw or audi)
warning against the use of 5w-30 or thinner for extended, high speed
driving.  i'll have to check next time.