[200q20v] QQ article on UFOs

Glen Dustin Powell gpowell at ennovatenetworks.com
Fri Jul 21 14:32:22 EDT 2000

After re-reading the QQ article on the UFO upgrade I made a couple of

The author mentioned the performance of the  UFO system is superior to the
'upgraded' system. He also mentioned the UFO problems were due to
quality issues with the UFO rotors and that Audi solved these manufacturing
problems. He also mentioned that Audi continued on with the UFOs in Europe
for several more years after the manufacturing problems were solved and
the UFOs were discontinued in the USA. I would assume  that any replacement
Audi UFO  rotors would incorporate the fixes. This might explain why those
still run the UFOs with rotors of recent manufacture  are no longer
the problems and are now benefiting from their superior performance Vs those
the OEM 'upgrade'.

I wish I had quoted the exact text rather that from memory, but I
dropped the copy off at NEA on the way to work this am as I usually do to
keep their waiting-room well stocked with the latest audi-related