Subject: [200q20v] Speedo off

hah at hah at
Thu Jul 27 14:23:00 EDT 2000

>Joseph Vanzeipel writes:
>My speedometer is off by 5mph at ~75mph.  My car says 80 when in reality
>it is 75.  How can this be fixed?  I assume it is an electric speedo,
>unlike my 85 5ks, which was cable driven.
>Thanks in advance,
>Joseph Vanzeipel
>91 200q20v (102k)

According to the Bentley, 1000 rpm in 5th = 25 mph. I use the tach on the
highway, it's closer than the speedo. Need to get an exact calibration with
the GPS unit.

Chris M, wasn't my other-response-mistakenly-sent-only-to-you funnier? Darn
it, that form data seems to have disappeared...

Henry Harper
Boise ID
1991 200 quattro, 110k
1988 GTI 16v, 210k