AW: [200q20v] Fun with Audi problems

Phil Rose pjrose at
Fri Nov 3 11:44:28 EST 2000

At 2:49 AM -0500 11/3/00, Peer Oliver Schmidt \(the internet company\) wrote:
>>Hey, Maybe we could have a contest to see who has fixed the most
>>things in the past year...

>*	New transmission (that was cheap [from Rob Braun]) currently not
>installed, just sitting in the garage, waiting for the other tranny to go
>Let's see, who can beat this?

What Peer has done (buy a new tranny to keep in reserve) is smart and so
very tempting to do. I believe the tranny is probably the "weakest link'
for our 100++K mile cars (in the sense of potentially terminal "illness").
This is especially true, IMHO, when the extra stress from ECU chipping is
factored into the picture. It would be great to be able to install a cheap,
brand new tranny if the old one goes bad, but of course by then (for most
of us) these will be unavailable.

Except perhaps for one, sitting in Peer's garage.  :-)

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY
'91 200q				mailto:pjrose at