[200q20v] Re: Multi-temp sensor gremlins

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 3 13:24:34 EST 2000

At 12:36 PM -0500 11/3/00, George Sidman wrote:
>After the upper rad hose blew at the water manifold, and I
>emptied out the water in the multi-temp sensor boot, and
>dried out the connector, I now have limp-home mode boost. No
>codes, and no display indicators. If I disconnect the
>connector I get some boost back, but not all. Is this
>telling me the multi-temp sensor is broke, or might there be
>something else to consider??  More than a gallon of coolant
>was lost before I could refill, so might there be something
>else that got cooked, and is inhibiting ECU boost control?

Does the dash temp gauge seem to work?  Are there good ground connections
at the intake manifold? Also the knock sensor(s) might have had quite a
bath, too. But malfunction there would give a code, wouldn't it?

*  Phil & Judy Rose           Rochester, NY  *
*        mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net       *