[200q20v] New TBV failed within 1200 miles!

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 11:17:27 EST 2000

In a message dated Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:15:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
"Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov> writes:

Well, subject pretty much says it all. I used the 993 valve that I got from
Mac at Clair, and things were great for a month. Yesterday the symptoms
returned: a little missing at low boost levels on acceleration, and the
occasional complete stall out when coming to a stop.

When I replaced the TBV I also replaced the vacuum hose, but used what the
FLAPS had- straight rubber hose, no braid. Visually, it still looks fine.

What was the part number?  Did that valve have the metal reinforcement?  Is
your car chipped?
You can test the valve pretty easily; if it has failed, call Clair and see
about warrantee replacement.  I'm using the stock valve, chipped, works fine.