[200q20v] re: stock bypass valve, TBV

Glen Dustin Powell gpowell at ennovatenetworks.com
Thu Sep 14 10:19:50 EDT 2000

I wondered about the blow-off valve issue and too-rich mixtures as a
result... I plan to install one on my 85 ur-q, as it does not have a
bypass-valve stock and likes to blow induction hoses above 15 PSI boost. I
think the idle-switch will tell the F/TCU the throttle is closed and it
might not inject fuel as long as the throttle is closed. This should 'fix'
any rich problems resulting from the blow-off valve letting metered air flow
by the blow-off valve.