[200q20v] Blau wiring harness for new Bosches seems miswired

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 14:20:45 EDT 2001

I think the connections are the same from side to side; why make two connector parts?

See this page for a detailed answer and pics to help you out:

In a message dated Mon, 2 Apr 2001  1:09:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Charles Baer <charlie at istari.com> writes:

<< We had a sunny weekend here, I popped the new units in on Sunday.

I missed the warning ( was there one ? ) about the euro units hitting
the battery jump terminal on the passenger side, among other issues.

After finishing as the sun was going down, I began testing.  The
normal beams seem OK, but the driver's high was dead.  After going
back out in full dark to check out the road-going improvement of the
low beams ( wonderful! ), I noticed that it wasn't the driver side
city light that had been coming on, but the hi-beam at a low power.

Since the lows seemed OK and they are good enough for normal highway
driving, I haven't yet futzed with this any more.  I have to go back
in and change out a last minute add-on to deal with the wrong part
that Blau put in the harness for the city lights, they provided a
connector for and described a plug that didn't exist on my car.

My question here is are the plug contact positions in the Bosch
assemblies the same on each side or mirror images ?  The harness
instructions did not include a schematic and only mentioned that
the blue and brown wires should be at the top of the connector.

I threw my Fluke in the glove box and might get a chance to diag
this for lunch today, but would appreciate any correct info that
would save me a bit of time.

Anyone who cannot cope with Mathematics is not fully human. At
best (he) is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes,
bathe, and not make messes in the house.
 - Lazarus Long
200q20v mailing list
200q20v at audifans.com