[200q20v] wiring / Alarm / trunk question (keyless entry)

CL Wong montesawong at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 07:29:09 EDT 2001

Hi folks.

I recently bought an Avital keyless entry device
(ebay, $38 delivered) and plan on fitting it to my 200
using the wiring diagram for the autoloc keyless entry
on the 20v.org site.

Bentley seems to indicate that I could use 2 wires
from the trunk lock to send a signal to the alarm
control unit to fool it into arming and unarming.

Can someone confirm that the trunk lock has this
capability?  I don't recall ever hearing the alarm
"meep" when I locked the trunk separately and I'm not
sure how to check the system is actually armed.

Do You Yahoo!?