[200q20v] Besides Claire...other source for rear Bose amps?

Fundsalo Racing fundsaloracing at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 06:16:51 EDT 2001

I've heard the prollum is a pair of under-rated
electolytic caps. Should be a relatively minor repair
to replace these caps if no additional damage has been
done to the amp/speaker. I have a number of failed
ones (my R is presently unplugged, replaced this side
once already and have no good spare for it)and plan
(someday) to try to fix them with cap replacement.
When I do I'll report back with results good or bad.
Of course I'll use caps with appropriate voltage
rating for the automotive environment, not the very
marginal ones used by Bose.

Do You Yahoo!?