[200q20v] Alternator Rebuild

Paul Waterloo pwaterloo at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 30 12:08:57 EDT 2001

My alternator is still the one the car came with, 225K miles later....

The bearings are totally dried out, when the car idles and has high
electrical load, they squeal at a very high pitched noise. I'm sure the
brushes are almost dead.

I have the 110 amp alternator, does anyone know what size bearings they are?
(i.e. 6302, 6202, etc.) so I can just get a pair before I tear it apart.

Where do I get a new brush set/regulator? I looked at Chris' page, but
didn't find any info. I will be sure to write it up.

Paul Waterloo
Applied Energy Services
Phone 708-524-9464
Fax 708-524-0079