[200q20v] Low boost (1.7) and Hesitation under load (4000 rpm+)

Noelle Beaudin nobeau at tcnow.com
Mon Aug 27 22:21:25 EDT 2001

>Kneale wrote:
>1.7 is stock.  I assumed with his posting that he had a chip/mod.
>Otherwise he's been running overboost.

I've got a chipped 2ctq20v avant with the exact same problems as
described by Shawn.  I personally have never even seen the car reach
1.7 or above.  The upgrade is an IA Stage 3 that was done in 1998.
When I talked to Ned from IA he suggested that the hose that runs
behind the heat shield by the wastegate could have burned through and
that I replace it.  Of course, not that I've done this yet to see if
it makes any difference.  However, I did notice that there is a new
O2 sensor that was patched in (I just bought this car 6 weeks
ago)...so - as with Shawn's example I am now wondering if this could
be the problem, or part of the problem as well.  Any help for both
Shawn and now me would be great.

'86 5ktq
'91 2ctq20v