[200q20v] seatbelt squeak

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 12 12:52:16 EST 2001

At 10:14 AM -0600 12/12/01, Brian Link wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to fix the seat belt clasp to stop squeaking?

There seem to be two kinds of seat-belt-related squeaking. The
metal-on-metal squeak of the clasp (?) in the anchor can be quieted
for quite a while (weeks/months?) by application of a teflon
containing lubricant (like I use to lube my bicycle chain). I apply
it liberally to the belt clasp and then insert that several
times--then wipe off the excess. Another squeak seems to come from
the anchor rubbing against the side of the seat. Mainly a problem on
my passenger seat. I've recall a suggestion to adhere a low-friction
material (sheet of thin plastic?) to the side of the seat but haven't
tried that.

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY
'91 200q	(130 kmiles, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (57 kmiles, Tornado red)