[200q20v] Re: Alternator Problem

Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Thu Dec 20 13:37:35 EST 2001

At 10:00 AM 12/20/2001 -0800, George Sidman wrote:
>Thanks for everyone's input. Pulled the carpet to find that my car
>does not have the dreaded cable splice???   That's good. Crawled under
>the front to discover the alternator belt was missing. That's good,
>and easy. Thanks to all again ..............
>George Sidman, President
>Monterey Network Center
>sidman at montereynet.net
>831. 657. 1500
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at audifans.com

Do yourself a favor...

check the condition of the AC and hydraulic pump belts, too- they may have
gotten additional abuse when the alt belt let go...

Had something similar happen on my CQ - while driving I noticed that my AC
quit, then the voltage starting dropping.

Found that one belt had "taken" the other one out, too.

data point.  7A engine Hitachi ECU will work on 9v.
That's what the CC head and voltmeter told me when I got home  ;^)

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey