[200q20v] left over parts

Charles Baer charlie at istari.com
Mon Jun 11 11:59:35 EDT 2001

Bruce Boeder wrote:
> I purchased our "new to us" 200/20v avant in January from a good friend.
> It's been everything we could hope for.
> Second, the car does have one annoying problem.  Very occasionally (6 times
> since we got it) the engine will quit, everything on the dash lights up,
> etc.  It can be started immediately and runs fine thereafter.  There doesn't
> seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it quits.  The car is chipped (which
> ones aren't?)  The local shop that I took it to, Autoedge in St. Paul,
> initially thought it was an O2 sensor, which they replaced.  Unfortunately
> with these electrical gremlins they can be hard to trace.  Any comments?

If you were indulging in hyperbole about EVERYTHING on the dash lighting
I agree with the other listers.  I had a post-purchase inspection done
in spite of their claim that the BPV was find, replacing it fixed my

One note: there are variations on the replacement part, you may want to
the archives to get some extra info on the choices.

Anyone who cannot cope with Mathematics is not fully human. At
best (he) is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes,
bathe, and not make messes in the house.
 - Lazarus Long