[200q20v] Bose intermittent pops

Kneale Brownson knotnook at traverse.com
Thu Jun 14 09:45:31 EDT 2001

At 10:12 PM 06/13/2001 -0400, TM wrote:

>I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but there was a TSB issued by
>regarding a voltage spike when the A/C compressor turned on, which
>apparently caused
>a pop in the radio.
>Maybe you could find it by searching the archives.

It's really important to fix this problem because every time you hear the
pop in the speaker, you're also giving the ECU the equivalent of a brain
electroshock treatment.   After a while, you start getting a violent jerk
in the engine. The info is on Scott Mockry's site at:

The harness installs easily into the wiring to the A/C magnetic clutch by
separating a connection,  plugging in the extra wire and grounding the
diode.  The relay replaces the A/C clutch relay in the panel below the
steering wheel.  I got mine last fall from Carlsen for a little over $100,
I think.  The harness and replacement relay  are dealer-only according to
the nondealer vendors I contacted last fall.