[200q20v] Fitting larger rims

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 13:19:28 EST 2001

has info; look also at the tire comparison calc. page linked from there:
If you keep the same offset, but increase width, you'll gain that width half on the inside, half on the outside.
That is, to go to an 8" wheel, you're gaining a quarter inch towards the strut and towards the outside.
Measure your available clearances, and use that to determine what you want.  I'm using a 17x8" wheel with 35mm offset.