[200q20v] 200 20v Fuel injector service and R&R (LONG)

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Mon May 14 11:16:43 EDT 2001

In a message dated Mon, 14 May 2001 10:08:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Peter Schulz <peschulz at cisco.com> writes:

Last week I finally removed the injectors from the 160 kmile 200 20v Avant
and sent them to Marren Motorsports (Injector.com) for their injector

Got them back two days later- with the following

injector   resistance   volume test  spray pattern
1                16              88.2               ok
2                16              93.6               ok
3                16              89.1               ok
4                16              85.5               n/g
5                16              87.3               n/g  aka (No good!)

all were found to be "dirty" on reverse cycle

1                                  90.9               ok
2                                  91.4               ok
3                                  90.9               ok
4                                  89.1               ok
5                                  89.1               ok

all passed leakage test.....

You can see how the variation from one injector to the next is greatly

(Peter's instructions snipped; will publish on my site later with pics)

As I recall, one comment on the 20vt engines is that the 1 and 5 cylinder tend to run a bit lean, and can overheat.  Any thoughts on putting the highest flow injectors in those locations?  Does anyone know the stock fuel flow rates?