[200q20v] Bad rear shock?

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Sat Nov 3 15:11:22 EST 2001

At 12:47 PM -0500 11/3/01, Paul R. Luevano wrote:

>Looks to me like the shock is kaput.  No?  Oil everywhere.  Everything else
>looks ok and tight.

Wow.  Looks like the shock really let go with the oil there...massive
seal failure?  I'd say it's clearly toast.

I would immediately call a Bilstein dealer and ask them what your
available options are in your given timeframe.  The quickest is
probably just footing the bill for a new unit then settling it all
later, but Bilstein might not jive with that...some companies are
pissy about that sort of thing.

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~brett/bdikeman.asc	(PGP Public Key)