[200q20v] 200TQ & insurance

mlp mlped at qwest.net
Sat Nov 10 10:17:00 EST 2001

Shane -

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but you might think about what KIND
of insurance question you are asking an insurance company to provide
for a "post" wreck totaled, rehabilitated vehicle.

I can see that a carries might not want or agree to write a
"comprehensive" or "collision" coverage policy on a "totaled" vehicle,
but I don't think that would preclude obtaining liability coverage.

As long as you don't have too much $$$$ in the vehicle, you can then
decide if you feel "comfortable" with the potential level of financial
loss that would be occasion by "re-totaling" the car, in an event that
was "your" fault.

If you can live with that risk, save your self the ??? (my guess with
younger, teenage male drivers in the household on the policy), what
could be easily in $1,000 to $2,000 or even more annually, costs that
carrying comprehensive & collision coverage on top of just the plain
old legally required Liability coverage on the car will cost you.


More information about the 200q20v mailing list