[200q20v] Question

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Thu Nov 15 12:55:10 EST 2001

At 11:56 AM -0500 11/15/01, Dmohlemacher at aol.com wrote:
>There is a 1/2" (or there abouts) hose that runs from the Turbo via
>a banjo bolt, what does it do?  It was disconnected when I bought
>the car - it has run fine, I connected it, it still runs fine - ?

Errr...That's the wastegate control hose...without it, the wastegate
won't open, at all...and you'll get 1.3bar of boost only.

The hose should lead to a 3-port valve with a 2-pin connector, that
resides in front of the turbo.

There is an atmospheric test port that should remain disconnected;
it's there to allow use of a vacuum test pump.

I can't see how you would get full boost with that hose
disconnected...and I can't see how it would not change anything to
connect it back, unless the wastegate control valve is shot(which is
known to happen on a lot of cars; mine came from the PO that way; $50
later, I had 7psi more boost and the car performed like it should.)

what's the max pressure you see on the dash?

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~brett/bdikeman.asc	(PGP Public Key)