[200q20v] Smoking steering column!

WARATAP at aol.com WARATAP at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 10:23:40 EST 2001

In a message dated 11/23/01 7:58:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
knotnook at traverse.com writes:

> I don't know where to look, Ingo, but a friend of mine had the exact same
> experience (smoke from around the steering column) except his turned into a
> blaze that consumed the car (a 200q10v).

Ouch!  Not an experience I'd like to have.  I joke about how I wouldn't mind
something happening to the 200q20v so I could transplant the motor and wiring
harness to the Urquattro, but in truth I finally have the 200 set up pretty
much the way I want and am quite happy with it.  Aside from this smoke thing,
about all I need to do is replace the turbo side motor mount and have the K24
rebuilt.  Heh, what do you expect running beyond the turbo's specified boost
curve?  ;-).

'91 200q20v with a few mods...+ '83 Urquattro