Re, [200q20v] ~~Just became an Audiphile

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at
Mon Oct 22 13:15:01 EDT 2001

You've probably already gotten 100 replies telling you that you will most
likely find your speedo problems in the solder joints on the back of the
instrument cluster pc board.  If not, consider this the first, if so,
condider this a confirmation.

It's a pretty common problem on these cars, happened to my car, and have
heard quite a few stories telling of the same.  I believe there are four
(maybe two) jumper posts on the back of the pc board; the problem with the
solder joints occurs at the connection between the female jumper terminal
and the pc board.  Pretty fine work, but can be done (resoldered) at home if
you're so inclined.

More information with pictures and the like can be found at  Quickly glancing through
also noticed he speaks of steering wheel removal.  Doesn't need to be
removed to get the cluster out, BTDT.

That site is very informative for the majority of problems you'll encounter
with your new car.

As for the boost, not much experience there, so can't provide too much help.
  The sjm site does have a fairly exhaustive troubleshooting list for low
boost conditions though.  Might prove to be of some help.

Enjoy the ride!

Derek Pulvino

Message: 11