Proprietary clutch on a 20 valve ???

Audi Sport themercedesbenz at
Tue Apr 2 17:37:00 EST 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
I used to have a 1991 Audi 200 20 valve and I bought a clutch kit for it from
Blaufergnugen I believe (aka[1]) They sent me a
clutch kit that's made for Audi 200's. There was no separate clutch kit for
the 20 valve version. I remember paying around $320 or so. Now I am on my
second Audi 200 20 valve and again I needed to buy a clutch kit. This time I
bought the kit from Olympic Auto Parts. They are located in Gaithersburg MD,
also where I am located. When they looked it up in the computer they said that
the 20 valve clutch kit had a different part number, they asked me if I have
the 20 valve version and that the clutch for that car was over $400. So now
what I am wondering about is if there really is a different clutch that is
used for the 20 valve version. Anyone have this experience or know if there is
a different part numbet listed for the 20 valves?

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at[2].