which port is for the bleeder?

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Wed Apr 10 19:49:34 EDT 2002

At 6:45 PM -0400 4/10/02, Ingo D. Rautenberg wrote:
>Of course, I'd also feel better if others would check as well  'cause now
>I'm not so sure mine are correct...as Bernie pointed out logically the
>bleeder screw should be at the top (though it can also depend on the
>internal brake fluid passageway inside the caliper).

Both of you are correct...but notice that both ports are above the cylinder.

It turns out there's a funky angle on both of 'em, but the center
back port actually is at the very top/back corner of the cylinder.

If you look closely at a removed caliper that's cleaned up, you can
see the seat for the bleeder in the correct(back) port.

Thanks all,