pressure regulator valve

Phil Rose pjrose at
Mon Apr 15 19:30:49 EDT 2002

At 6:21 PM -0400 4/15/02, Vincenzo Basile wrote:
>I recently broke my pressure regulator valve(it goes between the crank
>case ventilation hose and the crank ventilation tube) in its place i put a
>bypass valve.Does anybody know if this will do anything bad to the car or
>do i need to replace that pressure regulator valve ,tried finding one but
>looks like dealer item only.thanks in  advance for any info.

 As a temporary fix you'd be better off using an open (90 degree bend) tube
instead of using a bypass valve. The crankcase pressure regulator valve
will always be open (to a varying extent) whereas the BPV will always be

Phil Rose
'91 200q lago blue				Rochester, NY USA
'91 200q tornado red				mailto:pjrose at