Turbo Bypass Valve Issues

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Wed Apr 17 21:37:06 EDT 2002

At 12:22 AM +0000 4/18/02, Jobe Tichy wrote:
>Thanks for the input.  Just wondering where you would suggest
>getting the hose for the control line.  Is that something I should
>get from the dealer, or do you know of any place I can check to see
>if they sell silicon (or other) hose of similar size in bulk and
>just cut it to fit?

Around here(MA), Foreign Autopart stocks the stuff, for something
like 10 cents a foot I think, maybe a litle more; it's still pretty
reasonable since you only need 4 feet at most(I think, don't quote me
on that.)  Audi dealers like to charge sometimes as much as a dollar
or more per foot.

Basically, it just needs to be the same diameter and fabric covered.
McMaster Carr sells some tubing that looked interesting...very high
temperature ratings.  I don't remember why I didn't look into it more.

>     I like your copper hosing behind the heat shield suggestion...I
>bet that really takes care of the problem.

Oh, I can't take credit for that one.  That's George Baxster's
solution(he's the guy who has built a couple of S2's by dropping 20vt
motors into Coupe Quattros.)  Long as you don't kink the tubing, yep,
looked like a great solution.

Of course, ask me if I've done this great solution on my own car yet.