Bose repair success! List pays for itself again! Brett, you da man!

Scalmanini Steve sscalmanini at
Sat Apr 20 19:31:58 EDT 2002

I just finished replacing all the electrolytic
capacitors on the board in the Bose unit in my
front-left door and, voila, it works fine again; no
more thump, screeeeeech, squawk, etc.  (Actually, it
didn't work the first time so we [my brother-in-law -
with the temp controlled iron and PC repair
experience] added a little solder to the component
side of a few holes and that did the trick.  If at
first you don't succeed ... )

Brett, your procedure from a few months back worked
fine.  Thanks for creating it!  I saved so much on
this repair that I'll feel guilty until I donate to
the list.

You did good,

PS: Bumper sticker seen this morning:
    If at first you don't succeed, don't sky dive!

Do You Yahoo!?