Oh noooo, sudden Pentosin leak ...

Kneale Brownson knotnook at traverse.com
Tue Apr 23 09:23:19 EDT 2002

At 10:08 PM 04/22/2002 -0700, Scalmanini Steve wrote:

>' ya mean since the plug that's leaking is toward the
>top (read accessible), I could've tried replacing one
>o-ring and saved the labor of replacing the entire
>Maybe next time,
>--- Bernie Benz <b.m.benz at prodigy.net> wrote:
>...the plugs having the "big X" on the flat top ...
>are sealed by an easily replaced $0.10 O-ring.

Generally speaking, if one of those O-rings has failed, it won't be long
before another one does.  And then another.  At least, that's what I was
told by two different independent mechanics and a shirt-tail relative who's
worked in a VW dealer's shop for a couple decades.  They were saying that
you're farther ahead to reseal the entire pump.  Of course, in your case,
Blau apparently was replacing the pump?