Removing Snub Mount

Brett Dikeman brett at
Tue Apr 23 12:10:16 EDT 2002

At 10:00 PM -0700 4/22/02, Justin Olson wrote:
>I'd like to remove the snub mount at the front of the
>motor so I can install a huge FMIC. Is the snob mount
>critical? I can't come up with a good place to stick a
>big FMIC.

Hi Justin,

I -think- one of the reasons it's there is to that the engine+tranny
start getting pushed back quickly in even of a serious
accident...which causes the TENS cables to tension the
seatbelts...but that's mostly a wild a$$ guess.

 From talking with Jeff Donneley, who built up the infamous "Dragon
Wagon" here in MA, complete with a Lehmann motor...the stock IC is
"good for plenty of power."  I'm not sure I entirely agree, but he
was pretty firm about it.  I think he said he had problems more with
the end tanks blowing off, so it had to be strapped...

What other modifications have been done, if you don't mind me asking?
Have you considered a IC mister to improve efficiency of the existing