MFTS replacement advice needed

Peter Schulz peschulz at
Mon Aug 12 10:45:25 EDT 2002

At 02:26 AM 8/12/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Can someone tell me how to avoid losing much coolant
>when replacing the Multifunction Temperature Sensor,
>or is this not an issue if done when the engine is
>cold and/or with the cap off the expansion tank?
>I can't find any advice in the Bentley about this.
>Do You Yahoo!?
>HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at

work on a cold engine, put a pan under the car, use an adjustable crescent wrench ( or open ended if you have one thats bigger than 25mm) and work quickly -

I loosened the existing one with the wrench, took it off with my left hand while standing by with the new one in my right.

I first turned the new one counter clockwise, then clockwise to ensure that the threads were lined up ( and minimize the chance of cross threading the new one)

If you work quickly, you can minimize the coolant loss.

Peter C. Schulz					peschulz at
Quality Systems Engineer/SSE
Customer Contact Business Unit (CCBU)		Direct: 978.497.7772
Cisco Systems, Inc. 				Fax: 	978.497.1705
900 Chelmsford Street 				Pager: 	800.365.4578
Lowell, MA 01851 USA