Ignition key cylinder tumbler swap

Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Mon Aug 12 13:47:25 EDT 2002

At 10:26 AM 8/12/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Anybody have the procedure to crack open the ignition key cylinder to
>rekey it when replacing a broken switch/cylinder assembly ?
>I appears that something will have to be pressed out, but as usual
>it's the kind of thing you can't know until you have it open.
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at audifans.com

Bentley goes into detail - you need to remove the cylinder housing from the steering column, measure and drill a hole ( dimensions in Bentley) to access and depress a retaining spring that will release the lock cylinder

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey