MFTS replacement advice needed

t44tq at t44tq at
Mon Aug 12 19:04:28 EDT 2002

Like Mike and Phil mentioned, just do it quickly on a cold engine. I recently
replaced mine and didn't have any problems nor did I seem to lose too much

I don't remember what it's like on the MC (never replaced one on that car),
but it's practically upside down on the 3B engine, so it does help to work
quickly, or you will lose a lot of coolant, I think.

Mine was original, 3.90 build date on the sensor, seemed to be trouble-free,
replaced the sensor as part of a diagnosis for a bad temp gauge that actually
ended up being the printed circuit board.