Exhausting question

t44tq at mindspring.com t44tq at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 17 18:12:32 EDT 2002

What exact components did you use in your 200?

I'm running the Stromung 3" turbo-back system and I can't say that there
really is any significant improvement over stock, although there is noticeably
a little bit more pull to redline over 5000 rpm. This is with a chipped K24

Clogged cats make a huge difference- my one clogged cat reduced boost and made
spool-up noticeably slower.

I would go to a single 3" for ease of installation and component choice
availability- it's not easy finding suitable dual in/out mufflers and bullets
don't really provide enough sound suppression unless you like your exhausts

As for modification, like Keith said, it's your car, do what you like, damn
all others. If I had a V8q 5-speed, I'd go full dual 2.5" and loud enough for
it to rumble, but I'm a bit weird. :-)